What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Leading Causes of Auto Accidents in Texas
Being involved in an auto accident can be scary and overwhelming. In the moments after the collision, you may need clarification about what caused the accident and why. It is important to consult with an attorney immediately after the accident to determine what caused the crash and who may be liable for your injuries.
At The Aranda Law Firm, we represent individuals who have been injured in car accidents in El Paso. Our attorneys will fight to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve after a crash. Contact us online or call (915) 996-9914 to schedule a FREE consultation.
What Are the Leading Causes of Car Accidents?
While car accidents can be caused by a number of factors, many are the result of negligence or wrongdoing. If another person causes your injuries, you might be entitled to compensation. It is essential to act quickly or you may lose your right to file a claim for damages.
Common causes of car accidents:
- Driver inattention or distraction
- Driving while impaired or driving under the influence
- Failure to yield
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Reckless driving
- Driver inexperience
- Driver fatigue
If you are involved in a collision, it is in your best interest to consult with an El Paso car accident attorney. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and pursue compensation on your behalf for your injuries.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Car Accident
The first thing you should do after a car accident is to check for injuries. The health and safety of yourself and others should be the priority. If you are able, you can try to move your car to a better location. Many accidents happen in the middle of the road creating a hazardous situation for the parties involved and other motorists. Moving your vehicle can help prevent additional harm.
Once you get to safety, you should:
- Contact 911. Call local law enforcement and notify them of the collision. Let the dispatcher know if there are any injuries so that they can send emergency medical personnel to the scene.
- Document evidence. Take pictures and videos if you are able. Document any damage to your vehicle or other property. Note the condition of the road and any obstructions.
- Seek medical treatment. Even if you are not taken to the hospital in an ambulance, you should still seek medical treatment for your injuries.
- Contact an attorney. As soon as possible, contact an El Paso car accident attorney. An attorney can help you determine your legal options.
Few people know what to do immediately after an accident. They make statements to the insurance company that are later used to put them at fault for the collision. Hiring an attorney immediately after the incident can help ensure your interests are represented throughout the process.
Determining Fault in an Auto Accident
It can be tempting to want to speak out about your accident, but it is advisable to communicate through your legal representative. Any statements you make to the insurance company or a liable party can and will be used against you. If an officer asks for a statement for his or her report, keep your answers straightforward and stick to the facts.
It is not your responsibility to determine fault in a car accident. An attorney can investigate your claim to help decide who could be held liable for your damages. Stay off of social media, and do not speak about your case with anyone except your attorney.
Hiring an El Paso Car Accident Attorney
Were you involved in an El Paso car accident? Contact us online or call (915) 996-9914 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.